Tretinoin Skin Care
Long-term daily application of tretinoin to the skin has been scientifically proven to reverse the signs of aging and effective at rejuvenating skin. Tretinoin is a form of retinoid that is derived from vitamin A. Fine skin wrinkles, pigmented age spots, sun damaged skin redness are all improved with the daily application of tretinoin. It is the core active component of all daily skin care programs endorsed by Dr. Chen Lee. Furthermore, tretinoin is used to precondition skin 4 weeks prior to any skin resurfacing procedure (chemical peels, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion). Use of tretinoin thins the skin and this prepares the skin for better absorption of chemicals in peeling treatment and also reduces the likelihood of pigmentation complications following skin resurfacing procedures.
Tretinoin Daily Skin Care
Tretinoin has been dubbed as the golden standard in skin care. When used in a well planned daily routine, topical (applied to the surface of the skin) tretinoin has been medically proven to rejuvenate the skin, improve fine wrinkle lines, and to reverse the effects of mild sun damage. With consistent daily use, the skin is more youthful and healthy. Aside from its rejuvenating properties, tretinoin can be used by acne prone individuals as the medication works by stimulating skin exfoliation and unblocking of the pores.
What is tretinoin?
Tretinoin is marketed and branded as Retin-A. It is an isoform of a retinoid derived from vitamin A and is very popular in the treatment of acne. Tretinoin is also used for facial rejuvenation. In daily skin care routines, it is proven effective in sun-damaged skin and age spots. Younger people will better maintain a youthful appearance when using tretinoin in a daily program. Tretinoin may also be used as a preliminary routine to prepare for other treatments such as chemical peels. Use of tretinoin thins the outer layer of skin and this prepares the skin for better absorption of chemicals in peeling treatments.
Using it in a daily skincare routine…
For best skin care, Dr. Chen Lee will prescribe tretinoin cream for nightly long term use. Tretinoin produces dryness. You may need to a moisturizer for comfort. Sunblock is important as tretinoin increases skin sensitivity to UV radiation. In order to maintain tretinoin’s potency, it must be protected from extremes of temperature.
Steps on using tretinoin…
When using tretinoin, remember these following steps in order to avoid any untoward side effects. Also for the medication penetrate into the skin and be effective follow Dr. Chen Lee’s instructions on use.
- Use tretinoin at night, before bedtime. Facial redness is increased with the daytime application and sun sensitivity is increased.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap. Dry your hands well prior to putting on tretinoin.
- Do not apply tretinoin near your eyes, slope of your nose, mouth and on wounded areas.
- To minimize dryness and scaling of the skin, you should use a facial moisturizer when you are on tretinoin therapy, just do not apply it at the same time you put on tretinoin.
- Application the morning after is best so that the moisturizer does not interfere with its absorption.
- If the prescribed dosage for tretinoin is once a day and you forgot putting it on the night when it has to be applied, just miss out the dose and apply it the following evening.
- Apply sunscreen in the morning, after you put on moisturizer. This will minimize sun irritation.
- Never forget to make Dr. Chen Lee aware of allergies and pregnancy.
- The unexpected side effects of tretinoin include irritation, swelling, and burning sensation and may require dose adjustment until your skin adjusts to the medication.
If tretinoin is properly used in a daily skin care program, you will better maintain a youthful appearance. Come to find out more about how tretinoin in your daily skin care can help your skin stay healthy and young looking.